Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Forgetfulness

You know, I was just talking about this to my sister, forgetfulness. It sounds like a disease to be "fixed", it can sometimes be just that. But what if it's just about being a little older, and a little wiser? What if we're meant to be a little more forgetful as we get older? Perhaps we are streamlining our thoughts and just getting rid of the mental clutter, before it has the opportunity to override a nice thought like "mmmm...that smells good" "look at the waves on the shore" or "I love you, thanks for being in my life". When I walk into a room and forget why, I try to let it go. Perhaps I was meant to notice the nice day or a child's drawing instead. Cherish what is seen and felt, not forgotten.

>> Animated poem by Billy Collins <<

No comments: