Saturday, October 25, 2008

Crochet Coral Pebble


This is a piece I finished about a month ago. I wanted to create an underwater, coral piece. An imaginary organism, and have some fun with the colours too.

I began with a couple of the tendrils in orange as they worked so well. I realised I was going to need a 'base' for them to sit on, so I set about making a 'pebble'. The way I imagined this piece was a lot more densely packed, so the look of the base didn't seem as important originally. I'm glad I decided not to cut this corner and make a nice base, as most of it remains visible.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Olá minha amiga!
Estou a conhecer o seu blog e quero dar os meus parabéns pela sua criatividade:excelente!!!!
Tenha uma boa semana


hello my friend!
I know your blog and I offer my congratulations on your creativity: excellent!!!
Have a good week
Kisses
Nélia

Nettie said...

Thank-you so much!! Some of my ideas are crazy - but I love to go ahead and make them anyway!
Cheers!
Nettie

sukigirl said...

This is gorgeous, it must be amazing to live in Australia with so many wonderful living creatures!
Lots of inspiration!